I both love and dread Sunday’s. I love this day of rest, but I always get the Sunday night blues. It’s ok though, because it’s almost always the most peaceful day of the week.
In honor of Sunday and the week ahead, here is a list of things to do in preparation for the week.
1. Quiet time. ~ This is the day I always find my quiet time with Jesus (although, I always try to make an effort during the week also). Whether it’s in the morning, or evening, it’s a special time. Evenings especially, because that’s when I’m spending the most time preparing my heart and mind for the week. It’s important to focus on Him, instead of the week looming ahead like a big dark cloud.
2. Clean home. ~ I try and do this on Saturday, but if it doesn’t get done, I make sure it’s at least picked up and wiped down on Sunday. This alone helps immensely for the week ahead. If I don’t do this, I go crazy by Wednesday with frustration and go on a mad cleaning frenzy…it’s not pretty.
3. Laundry. ~ No matter how hard I try I can’t seem to ever get laundry done on Saturday, it always ends up happening on Sunday. But it’s nice to have clothes fresh and ready for the week ahead.
4. Pick out clothes for the week ~ or the next day, at the very least.
5. Nap ~ Sunday afternoon naps are the best!
6. Read or spend time doing something you enjoy. ~ Today, for example, I spent my afternoon watching Downton Abbey and crocheting a blanket. All that was missing was some tea…:)
7. Prepare meals for the week. ~ For when you feel like going above and beyond. I don’t typically have the energy for this, but it’s something I think about.
8. Bubble baths ~ These are a wonderful way to end an evening, it’s soothing and helps wind down your mind and body before bed.
And there you have it, short and sweet. I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. Happy Sunday!