Thanksgiving is the one holiday that seems to change for us. With family being spread out all over the country and with our schedules being a little tricky to work around, we never seem to know what we’re going to do, but something always works out and we’ve been blessed to be able to spend Thanksgiving with family and/or friends.
This year I slept in, spent some quality time with God reading my Bible and in prayer, talked on the phone with my parents in Chicago, and sister in L.A., then we did some more unpacking and organizing (for those of you who don’t know, we just moved into a new house!), then we headed over to my brother’s house to spend the afternoon/evening with him and his little family. It was definitely a great way to celebrate the holiday.
With thanksgiving in mind I am grateful to God for so much. Here is just a list of a few things I’m thankful for.
- God and his unconditional love, faithfulness, mercy, grace, and forgiveness
- My husband
- Fresh beginnings daily
- A new home for our little family (huge blessing)
- Kahlua, our lab, and the goof ball that she is
- A small yard for Kahlua to be able to run around in
- Our kitty, even though she has given us a ton of grief, she’s still my little baby
- That I was born into a Godly family
- For deep, meaningful friendships
- God’s constant provision
- the blessing of my job
- for my husband’s job
- Turkey’s being 50% off the day after Thanksgiving (woohoo!!)
- Food – I love food
- Safety and protection
- For our cute little car that has been reliable ever since we bought it about 7 years ago
- For the people that inspire me
- For awesome technology to be able to stay in touch with long distance family (yay Skype!)
- For rest and relaxation
- Books and blankets – and how well they go together (along with hot chocolate)
- Electricity – being without makes you appreciate it sooo much more
- For the things we get to look forward to (Christmas, a new year, vacation…)
- For this blog – it’s been a fun little journey on here, but I’m also thankful for blogs in general, because it’s fun being able to look into other people’s lives and receive inspiration and encouragement. So thanks to you guys out there too! :)
I hope and pray you all will continue the rest of the year with many blessings and continue to give thanks through it all.
Much love xoxo