As I mention in a previous post (here), we just recently moved, so between getting our apartment ready for the inspection and with the holiday season in full swing, there has been A LOT of cleaning going on! So, in honor of the holidays and because I love lists and can’t live without them, I wanted to share my deep cleaning list with you. I’m also including a link to a more detailed deep cleaning list that includes just about everything.
First, my Apartment Deep Cleaning List. This is my go-to list for every time we have moved out of an apartment. This list has not failed me and I’ve been able to get our deposit back every time.
You can download and print the Apartment Deep Cleaning List here.
**Side note: one thing that is not on the list is the laundry room. Basically, I sprayed down the washer/dryer with windex wiped it clean, made sure to wipe out the insides as well, then wiped down the walls and shelving, and cleaned the floor.
For the Home
I haven’t made a full deep cleaning list for the home yet, but if you’re looking for something more detailed and includes just about everything, here is a link to a great website that has a list you can download.
The nice thing about these long lists is that you can cross off items that don’t apply to you and it makes you feel like you’r already accomplishing something before you even start. :)
Here is a small list of cleaning products I like to use. I don’t have links, but if you really want links, just let me know in the comments below.
- Clorox or Lysol Wipes – these are antibacterial and can be used on multiple surfaces. The best part is that you can just throw them away when you’re done.
- Dawn Dish Soap – I use Dawn and water for a multi-purpose cleaner as well, especially for wiping down walls, counters, cupboards, you name it. It goes a long way!
- Windex – I also use this to wipe down our washer and dryer, it makes it look squeeky clean!
- Comet – I use this on the sinks and tub. Soft Scrub also works.
- Lysol Toilet Cleaner – works great
- Sponge, rags, toothbrush – the toothbrush really helps you get in the crevices and nooks and cranny’s.
Well, my dears, that all I have for now. I hope someone can find these lists useful. Happy Cleaning!