It’s amazing how much different this year feels from last year. I think the weather changed so dramatically this year that we basically jumped into summer with both feet! Winter practically started in October of last year and seemed to last a million years, so I am perfectly ok with the dramatic change.
To keep up with tradition I am sharing our summer bucket list. Some of these things might look familiar as they were on the last year’s list as well, but I look forward to it each year. :)
Also, I still want to point out that some of these things are geared toward kids as well. I put this little “FYI” out there in case you’re wondering why a grown adult would want to do some of these things, haha.
So let’s jump in here!
Food & Drink
- Make homemade lemonade
- Make cherry pie bars (this has been on my Pinterest page for far too long without having tried it!)
- Make peach cobbler
- Make sun tea
- Buy a treat from the ice cream truck
- Have a BBQ (we’re hopefully buying a grill this year!)
- Make a cheesecake
Out & About
- Feed the ducks
- Check out books at the library
- Go to a farmers market
- Visit a new park
- Try a new restaurant
- Go on a nature walk
- Go to a splash pad (they were all closed last year, so hopefully we are good to go this year!)
Fun in the Sun
- Have a water balloon fight
- Go on a picnic
- Play outdoor field hockey
- Make a rock garden
- Decorate the back deck
- Plant flowers
- Go on a treasure hunt
Rain or Shine
- Go puddle jumping
- Pajama movie night
- Hand-write a letter and mail it
- Play a new board game
- Make a summer scrapbook
- 30 day photo challenge (this is a stretch, but we’ll see!)
- Make a sensory bin (Gryffin is getting a little old for this, but I think he’ll still have fun with it!)
For those who want to make your own, you can also download a blank copy!
I hope you all are having a wonderful start to your summer! What’s on your summer bucket list?!